The Nutcracker The Nutcracker

One of a kind.

First of all, I never played a game that follows the music beats in a so smooth way like this one did, took me awhile to find out, but when I did, I went nuts!
It lagged when I played on the first time, the sounds were off sync, but it wasn't the game's fault (damn PS + FL open).
Anyways, you (both) are great, don't feel bad because this flash is being underrated.
Merry Xmas!

13 Days in Hell 13 Days in Hell

Nice!

I really like the aiming concept, it's pretty unique (instead that counter strike aiming).
5/5

Orbitron Orbitron

this is good, but...

I like this concept, but at level 4, I can't hit the ball, theres no hittest or something like a bypass =/

gs_Virus gs_Virus

Nice

I liked it. You could make a "commercial" version of it, adding audio, intros and s sponsor, it would be great.

Tilt 2 Tilt 2

Great

I liked, very addictive.
BTW, to the last person:
It's not the author fault of what happened between AG & NG, so don't underrate this game because of this, it's totally unfair.

Defend Atlantis Defend Atlantis

ok, ok

it's cool, but it's too overrated, really.

Shark! (v1.5) Shark! (v1.5)

well done

Goodies:
Originality
Motion Blur Effect
Controls
Baddies =/ :
Music/Sounds (I'm sorry but I didn't like it)
Lag

Suggestions (you may like them or not):
>>Make it more fast paced
>>use bitMapData to prevent lag (in the case that u have f8 or if u didn't tried it out yet)
>>Please hunt better songs, I recently used Newgrounds Audio Portal (I know it's a pain in the ass to search stuff there, but sometimes it's worthy) and it came out good.

zipperdeaf responds:

Yeah, im trying to work with FLStudio instead of using someone elses so until i learn it more the music will suck, meh

- :: Commando 3 :: - - :: Commando 3 :: -

Hey

I don't usually write reviews but I saw somethings that I need to comment about:
I like this game genre, and the thing that is missing here I think it's the more "inside mission feeling", like those cut-out animatios that the strategy games have before mission, not just a map showing the locations.
I didn't like that my units were spawning at random spots (I don't know waht other people think about it).
When I pressed Load Game, it sent me to the last mission, tho I only achieved 1 mission actually (Man, I hate to fix bugs like that on my games cuz they're kinda random XD, I know you tried because I read some reviews)
Oh, and about this what you said before:
"Pausing is impossible in Commando 3, because the only way to pause would be to use a recursive for..in loop, which crashes the Flash Player. It said that in the instructions, which you were meant to read..."
All the games are pauseable, and the functions are kinda simple, I just use a global variable called _global.gamePaused (it's a boolean) to do the trick, it's like that:
_root.onEnterFrame = function(){
if(!_global.gamePaused){
//normal scripting goes here
well you can do some adjusts for other script loops and you will need to put that on the enemies AI or API (depending of how you make them appear, like if it is _root,attachMovie or... well u know this.

VENGEANCE-GGG responds:

Nope, the problem with that is that it only stops script executing on the main timeline, it doesn't stop the animations from playing, and there's no way to tell which animations were playing before you paused it in order to make them play again after you unpause it again. Believe me, I thought of everything, and the only option that could've worked is putting an enterFrame with a condition on every single movie clip in the entire game, plus setting variables for when they've been told to stop() or play(). That would take weeks to do, even if I could find all of the things I had to put it in.

Alien X (fixed) Alien X (fixed)

The concept is good, but:

I found some bugs, I don't know if it's just me though:
-I got negative health and I didn't die.
-Negative bullets (sometimes)
-Some musics were overlapping (man, that's annoying)
besides that, I liked.

Gladiator Gladiator

coooool, and...

this game is good, but there's aways noob people "OMG I CATN PLEY"...
I gotta tell something to all Newgrounders:
If you can't play any new submitted game, it's because you don't have flashplayer 8 installed, so DON'T BE A DUMBASS, get FP8 FIRST!
As a game developer, I go mad when someone says "I voted 0 cuz I didnt kno wut to do", damn can't you read the instructions?!
If this weren't cool, It wouldn't get frontpage...
ALL EMO PEOPLE MUST DIE

good job Ludy & Puzz (sry for the stressful review, lol)
kthxbai